Rumpke Recycling’s composting efforts demonstrate a commitment to non-traditional forms of recycling.
Composting is a controlled biological decomposition process of organic material. This process generates heat, sanitizing and stabilizing a product which is beneficial to plant growth. Compost is an organic matter resource with the unique ability to improve the chemical, physical and biological characteristics of soils. Compost is a soil amendment.
Some communities offer curbside yard waste collection through Rumpke Recycling. For specific information about these programs and composting efforts in, please contact Rumpke Recycling.
Benefits of Composting:
- Creates compost product which is a renewable natural resource.
- Implements a sustainable practice for our environment.
- Reduces the amount waste going to the landfill.
- Supports solid waste district waste reduction goals.
Typical Yard Waste Includes:
- Garden residues
- Grass clippings
- Christmas trees
- Other waste generated from gardening and landscaping
To learn more about the composting efforts in your area, please contact Rumpke Recycling.