Montgomery County, Ky., residents, including Mt. Sterling residents, can participate in Rumpke’s curbside recycling program at no additional cost. To start recycling, call 1-877-786-7537 and request a recycling bin.
The following items are accepted in the County’s Curbside Recycling Program:
• Boxboard (ex: cereal or cracker boxes)
• Brown paper bags
• Corrugated cardboard (remove any packing material)
• Newspapers, with inserts
• Office and school papers
• Phone books
• Unwanted mail, fliers, & door hangers
• Aerosol (empty and with tips removed)
• Steel food cans
• Bottles and jugs only (ex: soda, milk, water, juice, detergent, bleach, and fabric softener)
• Blue, brown, clear and green bottles and jars (Please put in a separate container for collection)
The collected material is transported to the Lexington Urban Fayette County Government Recycling Center for processing.